Cat's Eye Nebula

Cat's Eye Nebula

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Internet2

Today I would like to discuss a troubling subject that has been on my mind for a while. I wanted to put it on my blog a few months ago but I've been very busy so here we go. The topic is Internet2. A lot of people don't know what Internet2 is and that is to be expected because not much news has been released to the public about Internet2. I'll try to explain what it is to the best of my knowledge. What Internet2 is basically a better version of the Internet. What do you mean by better? Imean that Internet2 is faster, safer, and just completely all around better. Now, I know you're wondering why do I find this so troubling if it's so much better than the modern Internet. Well, I'll explain why it's so troubling.

The problem come from the main fact that this will no longer be the Internet that you know. When I say it will no longer be the Internet that you know I mean that this Internet will no longer be free to surf like the modern one is. But what do you mean by it won't be free to surf? Glad you asked with Internet2 you will have to pay to visit certain websites. The same way you have to pay a monthly Internet bill from providers such as Comcast, Att, Verizon, T-Mobile, Clear, etc; you will have to pay a subscription fee just to go on certain sites, not only do you have to pay a subscription fee but this Internet is taxed. Yes, I said that this Internet will be taxed. I mean really you already have to pay your monthly bill just to stay connected to the Internet but now you will have to pay a subscription fee and you have to pay a tax on it as well. Everything that I just covered is just the small stuff it gets better (or should I say worse). The new Internet will also have websites classified as website and sub sites both web and sub site will require a subscription fee in order for you to view them.

I think I'll move off the the subject of money and move on to the subject about privacy. Internet2 is a suppose to be completely safe from hackers and other people but in fact it's not. The reason being is that Internet2 is in actuality it's the the complete opposite. First off in order to access the Internet you will have to use you thumb print in order to log on to the Internet. Which means that they will know who is on the Internet at all times. Thought the use of your thumb print the government can monitor your movement on the web. Since your thumb print will be used not only will you me monitored, but the government can also can keep you from axessing website even thought you might have already paid for them. Not only can the government track your movement though the Internet and keep you from going to certain sites but it can also monitor what you upload to the Internet. That means that if you want to upload a movie, a video, or even write about the governments wrong doings the government can keep you from uploading it. If the government thinks that you are doing something wrong in their opinion they shut you down completely. By shut you down completely I mean keep you from using the Internet forever. The way this is done is by deleting your IP Address. (For those of you that don't know what an IP Address is. It is the Address or code that allows you to axess the Internet.)


There's a lot of things that shouldn't be tampered with and the Internet is one of them. Truth be told the Internet could use some major improvement but what they are doing is what should never be done. The government is trying to take away rights that they are sworn by the United States Constitution to up hold and is sad and madding at the same time. I only gave a little bit of the information about Internet2 for the rest of it please use the links that i have provided http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFdQlmVITMs, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rkz-lIiz20, and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1ngZe-bOw